How much can the format of your resume have on your chances of getting selected?
With many applicants to a single position it can be very difficult to get that all important interview so that you can sell yourself in person. Your resume has to make you both standout and show that you are the perfect fit for the job. Too often well qualified and experienced candidates lose out to other applicants just because their resumes are better able to show that they meet the job requirements. It is therefore vital that you take a huge amount of care when crafting your resume.
Using medical resume examples
Medical resume templates and other 2014 resume examples can give you a lot of ideas as to what you need to include within your resume as well as to how they should look. However when looking at these medical resume examples you do need to keep in mind that you are looking to stand out from your competitors. This does not mean submitting your resume on pink perfumed paper but it may mean not having your resume look like 90% of the other applications. The important thing with any resume is that the person reading can quickly see the information that they are specifically looking for which means tailoring your resume for each and every application if you want to be successful.
How to write a successful resume
Rather than spend time trying to choose which resume format 2014 from all of the medical resume examples will best fit you it is best to think about exactly what the recruiter is looking for with regards to this specific job. Your resume needs to show very quickly that you posses all of the qualities that they are asking from the job advert. This means that you must;
- Don’t just list back the skills they are looking for, back up your statement with an example
- Show your achievements
- Back up your achievements with numbers where possible
- Use action verbs such as planned
- Explain how your skills will provide benefits
A truly successful medical resume
In addition to ensuring that your resume reflects everything that they are looking for with clear examples you must also ensure that your resume is written with extreme care;
- Avoid all written mistakes; proofread thoroughly several times
- Only use what is relevant within your resume
- Avoid the use of clichés, negative comments, obvious statements
- Don’t make your resume cluttered, white space can be used to highlight important facts
- Use bullet points
- Put most important and relevant skills etc at the top